Monday, October 29, 2012

Retreat:Works in Progress

I'm sharing a few photos of some of the works in progress at retreat. I wish I had been able to get pictures of everyone's projects--they were all so awesome. Since we have a huge space, we lay out our blocks on the floor near where we are working. These are just a few of the quilts being worked on in my "area" of the room, taken during leg stretching breaks!

Carol was working on this quilt.
I believe it will be a QOV--almost everything she does at retreat  goes to Quilts of Valor.

You can see she is using up LOTS of scraps! 

Jane was working on this fun quilt. Her quilts are SO happy!

Happy, scrappy! 

Bunny cut her leaves with a scrapbook cutting die. So charming!
I love the little fairies dancing inside the mushroom circle.

Cindy's quilt was inspired by the blue sky peeking through the colorful autumn leaves.


This is Jan's work in progress--some very complicated piecing!

 Lydia's cute quilt here is just about finished.

I believe this is Bev's top--totally gorgeous! I liked that there was one twisted block,
but I think she decided to change that.

Perfect piecing and a great mix of repro fabrics! We all wanted to get the pattern for ourselves. 

I made this photo really big so you could actually see the teeny tiny bow-ties that Miriam and Nancy were working on. They both need to make thousands of these little sweeties for their quilts. These are Miriam's.
There are more retreat photos to come! 

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful pictures. Retreats are always so full of eye candy and inspiration. And love the border you're working on in your previous post. I can't get enough of that quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing. There is truly something inspiring about leg stretching - lol. All of these are just wonderful.

    ReplyDelete