Friday, February 1, 2013

Connie's Game



Have you been playing Connie's UFO Challenge Game along with Country Thread's? 
She has challenged everyone to make a list of twelve UFO's that you want to finish this year. Each month she will choose a number and you will work on the corresponding number on your list. You can email them a photo of your finished project and they will post it to a Pinterest board so you can see what everyone else is finishing up that month. . Read more about it here. Yes, you could win a $100 gift certificate at the end of the year!
In January, Number Five was chosen.
Oops, not that Number Five. 
 My Number Five was just to put the binding on a charity baby quilt I had made with flannel scraps. I used a pattern called Butterfliers from Quiltmaker magazine-- very easy and fun to make. It's just squares with folded squares tucked into the corners to make the butterflies.
This would be a lot cuter with coordinated fabrics! 

I waited until the very last day to do my Number Five for January
 and all I needed to do was bind it!

My Number Six is to finish putting the components of my Easy Street top together. I had planned to put them together when I was at retreat in January, but got sidetracked by my scrappy trip top and my Paper Doll blocks.

I think Connie's Game is a good way to remind yourself to get out at least one UFO each month and get to work! If you haven't made a list of twelve yet, just leave off January's Number Five (maybe do it NEXT January?) and start on Number Six--just don't wait until the last day of the month like I did in January!

No comments:

Post a Comment