Saturday, March 16, 2013

More Stitch Therapy!

This is as close as I will be able to get to a hollyhock for a long time! 
This coming Monday will be our third Stitch Therapy meeting. I'm so excited to see what everyone has been doing--this is one creative group!! I'm not sure how many years I have been doing this group, but it has been a lot of fun working on different projects and sharing laughs. One year we had a "trunk show" of some of  our member's beautiful projects.

My Winter Wonderland is on the left and my Over the River (still not quilted) is on the right.
I'm not sure what year we had this little show. 

I love Dawn's version of Winter Wonderland with the checkerboard border!
I can't believe I didn't take a close-up photo of the gorgeous basket quilt hanging on the right. 

This is a closer look at Dawn's Winter Wonderland.
She did it in multi-colors on a tan background.
Isn't it fun?
She came up with her own setting too--very cozy!
Wish this photo was better.  
Someone brought in their Over the River to show us--done all in blues--love it!
I looks pretty good with my Winter Wonderland...hmmm....
I don't remember who did this beautiful red work quilt.
So pretty and classic! 
Bunny does this lovely Brazilian embroidery.
The flowers are all three-dimensional and look so real!
She added clear crystal beads to look like snow on the branches
 and red ones for holly berries.

The threads she uses are rayon and have a rich sheen. 
We had lots of embroidered pillows--so pretty! 
Teensy yoyos!
If you haven't done embroidery before or need a refresher lesson, join our Stitch Therapy group at Colorz--it's not too late! Or, if you can't get there, there is an awesome on-line resource at Mary Corbet's Needle 'n Thread website. She has made videos demonstrating tons of stitches that you can watch over and over! Watch the Stitch videos HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment