Sunday, December 22, 2013

Christmas Countdown! Day Ten

Woolly Day on Moosebay!
12" round woolly mat by Renee Plains of Liberty Star Designs.
I display my tiniest feather tree on this one. 

Love the little snow men faces.
I used a tweedy wool for the background that kind of looks like a night sky. 

This penny mat is included in the same pattern as the little mat above.
It measures 14.5" sort of round.

Variegated red/green thread used to sew the pennies down.
I guess you can see I used the same wool background peeking out from behind the pennies.

A few more little woolly things. 

The holly block is from an old Kansas City Star pattern.
Measures 8.5" x 16.5"
I love this design and made this wool mat to show an alternate application of the patterns when they were our Stitch Therapy project in 2012.
 
The pennies on the tongues were especially fun to add.

We are Family pattern. Measures 3.25" x 10"
This tiny punch-needle mat is glued to the wool backing that I cut out to resemble tongues.


A little wool mitten on Osnaburg with a very primitive binding....
not sure where the pattern/idea came from because it's really old!
Measures 7" x 8.25"

This is my own design. I wanted to use a beautiful piece of hand dyed wool that I had in my stash.
O! Mistletoe! measures 16" across.

Mistletoe: a symbol of love, marriage and peace.

5 comments:

  1. Wooly goodness galore! I like that snowman tree skirt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all of your woolly creations, especially your O! Mistletoe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have some really wonderful Christmas projects, I love the look of wool

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful pictures. I love all of your wool projects. Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Where can I purchase the pattern for the snowman mat?

    ReplyDelete