Monday, January 27, 2014

What's on Your Bed??

Jo at Jo's Country Junction is celebrating the cold winter air by inviting us to show the quilt we have on our bed. 
moosebaymuses.blogspot.com
I finished this quilt in 2010.
It was on the cover of American Patchwork and Quilts and was designed by Tara Lynn Darr.
The pattern for Blue Moon of Kentucky can be purchased from Tara HERE.
I added a lot of blocks and changed the border to make it a king size quilt.

moosebaymuses.blogspot.com
Those are one inch finished squares.
There are lots of squares in this quilt and it weighs a ton!
Mr. Moosebay says it's like a dentist's lead blanket used during X-rays...
No Restless Leg Syndrome sleeping under this one!

circle quilting
I only did a bit of light quilting on it with circles to keep it "drape-y".
Stay warm everybody....unless you are a friend from Australia...to you I say stay cool!!
Don't forget to enter my give away HERE!

9 comments:

  1. I have the "heavy quilt" problem with many quilts--especially the ones made from Bonnie Hunter patterns. We actually don't sleep under our quilt, we have a "lighter" quilt underneath. Your quilt is gorgeous, no matter the weight!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the quilt on your bed! Absolutely fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a blue and white bedroom and a king size bed. Your quilt would fit right in!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's so funny about the dentist blanket. I once heard a particularly heavy (and stiff) quilt referred to as "the taco quilt" because it felt like being wrapped up in a crispy tortilla!

    Beautiful quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your quilts! Blue is my favorite and that quilt is perfect. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just signed up to follow your blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is an absolutely stunning quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful quilt and that is a lot of small blocks!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. We're managing to stay cool down here! Air con cranking, sleeping on top of the quilts. Tomorrow is another scorcher, 41*C. I think that's 104F. I love your bed quilt.

    ReplyDelete