Sunday, February 2, 2014

Celtic Solstice--not so much!!

Today is not only Super Bowl Sunday or Groundhog's Day, it's also the link-up finale  for Celtic Solstice!

 My version of Bonnie Hunter's mystery quilt is named Christmas Solstice since it was my attempt to use up my basket of holiday fabrics. I did make a pretty good dent in my Christmas stash, but sadly, there is still a lot to work with in there.
Here is my slow progress on Christmas Solstice:
Step One: 244 Peaky and Spike blocks complete!

Step Two: 244 Chevron blocks complete!

Step Three: 8 half square triangles of 488...

Step Four: 104 four patches of 300...

Step Five: two split triangle units of 244...

My mock-up of block A 

My partial mock-up of block B !

This time around, I am very happy with my color substitutions. I ended up with good contrast and I like the red stars and what I am calling my green wreathes!
Be sure to visit Quiltville to see everyone's progress. The instructions for Celtic Solstice will be coming down on June 1st, so if you are at all interested, print them out now!

6 comments:

  1. I love your color choices! Can't wait to see it finished! (No pressure!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi!!!! Beautiful fabrics and blocks!!!!! I love it all!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure your excitement is building, as you get closer and closer to putting everything together. How brave you are to try a different colorway. I think this one is going to be very special.
    Thanks for the heads up on when the instructions for C. Solstice will be gone. I'd better go get them soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to see this one finished. Different colors than most of us used. I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE your Christmas colors! you're making me want to do this!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like your colour choices too! It looks very Christmassy. The bright blue with gold star makes it zing.

    ReplyDelete