Sunday, June 22, 2014

Stitch Therapy for June

For those following the schedule, this months blocks are on pages 12 and 13 of the Simply Red book.
Love the hands!
Those skinny fingers were a bit of a bear to applique though--raveling!

If you have trouble with raveling, try a thin bead of Fray Check along the cut edge of your wool applique. I wish I would have been aware of this tip when I did my block!

Mary's green Simply Red top.
It doesn't show up very well in the photo, but this is a very pretty soft green. 

Sandi is working on a Blackbird Designs quilt--so pretty

Brenda's blue Simply Red almost ready for the flying geese! 
Linda brought this beautiful quilt for show and tell.
Also part of the June schedule is to complete the seven B blocks on page 5.
Happy Sewing!

2 comments:

  1. love, love, love Lindas quilt its the colors :)
    great show and tell thanks for sharing
    Kathie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw on a You Tube video done by Sharon Schamber's daughter that they use Liquid Stitch. She says it does not crack like Fray Check does. I am no expert on it but did purchase some to try.

    ReplyDelete