Tuesday, September 1, 2015

A Little Piecing and a Plan

I had fallen behind on the ThimbleCreek Halloween mystery blocks, so I decided I better do some machine piecing before I get too far hopelessly behind. 
These are from Clue Five, and went together pretty easily. 

I love how the Clue Six blocks look like they are framed.
Clue Seven arrived in the email box this morning--I'm planning to get them done this week while the Halloween fabric is still strewn all over the cutting table.

The Clue Six blocks are constructed similar to the Candy Corn blocks and go together like a nine patch once all the parts are made--pretty easy if you square up after each step.
Joe says that there won't be a new clue next week. That mean there will be plenty of time to get caught up if you are making the blocks!
Last Friday was our Lakes Area Machine Quilter's meeting.
 Marcia has been cleaning out her sewing area and I was the lucky recipient of one of her rulers, a centering tool and one of her border pantographs--yay! 
She also brought along some Quilts of Valor kits--I brought this one home with me. All I need to do is load it up and quilt it. After quilting, it will be returned to the awesome Brainerd QOV group where they will bind it and make sure it gets donated to a wounded soldier. 
 I also plan to get this top quilted as my September UFO--one of my nine patch quilts from an exchange. It's not very big, so I don't think it will take too long once I decide on a quilting design.
Linking with A Lovely Year of Finishes HERE
My Button


5 comments:

  1. You've been busy. I really like how your Halloween blocks are turning out. Finished clue 6 yesterday so, like you, all work on Clue 7 while the mess is still out. How wonderful that you're quilting a Valor quilt. It will be a great gift for a hero.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that nine patch! And the other blocks are pretty...I especially like that sage green and orange color combo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am quite interested to see how the mystery quilt looks like in the end. The last one was a very good design.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Clue 5 blocks are beautiful! Thanks for sharing them and the link to how to construct them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both clue 5 and 6 blocks are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete