Friday, February 5, 2016

More challenges

Last week's 365 Challenge blocks.

The good news:
the crazy block number 34 had been posted incorrectly and was replaced by this easier (????) one (20 half inch HST's!). 

The bad news:
I had already pieced the crazy block.
The other good news:
this will be the block for February 23 (a day off-yay!).

Why can't they all be like block # 35--three easy pieces---?
Because it's a Challenge!!

Fortunately, the blocks this week have been a bit simpler--a good this because.....


....now you will know for sure that I have lost my mind.
Since I won the  All In A Row book from the lovely Anne at Bunny Hill, so I felt I had to make at least one row.
I used fabrics from my Kathy Schmitz Piecemaker's bundle and made the row designed by Sweetwater.Sweetwater
If I only get this far, it will be a fun skinny runner!
I hope you are finding time to sew this week!
Linking with Needle 'n Thread Thursday HERE
Needle and Thread Thursday

11 comments:

  1. Your challenge blocks are fantastic! Oh, those colors call to me. I can't say enough about how much I love your blocks!
    I won't say a word about whether or not I think you have lost your mind. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. like row for the row quilt, I have never made one, some I like that I have seen and some I don't

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the colors you've choosen for your 365 day challenge. Your palette has more depth than just being monochromatic. Lost your mind? Not sure if any of us are qualified to answer that. We might incriminate ourselves.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your challenge blocks are wonderful! Such beautiful fabric palette and piecework in these. The little row you made is just Darling!
    Lots of lovelies to admire in this post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I love the colors in these blocks / they are all beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the 365 blocks with the addition of the brown.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Karen you have been so busy! Love your 365 blocks... some of them really do look challenging and your blocks look perfect! Like your 'All in a Row' blocks too... lovely fabrics! Have a great weekend! Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing how stunning the design is in darks!
    Beautifully mad and they will look superb together : )

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely LOVE the fabrics in your 365 challenge!!!
    The marketing that was done with the A;;In A Row was VERY effective... I had NO interest in the book until I seen the variety done with each row and options available for creating a piece with just the rows (or parts of rows) that appeal to you! Yes... I'll eventually buy the book... as soon as I finish a few UFO's in stash... Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful blocks....yep....just one more quilt to add to the others...but it sure is fun!

    ReplyDelete
  11. A lot of work in those challenges, but they look wonderful.
    Have fun with the rows, too.

    ReplyDelete