Sunday, April 17, 2016

Slow and Steady...

Last Sunday it was pedal to the metal sewing for me, so I am sooooo ready for some Slow Sunday Stitching this week!
That "fast" quilting has paid off and now I can relax and stitch my binding. I may even do that outside--it's looking like a glorious day. It's crazy how we went from temps in the 30's to the 70's (80's one day) in just a few days, but I am loving it!

Sneak peek:
 Monday is the first meeting of Stitch Therapy in 2016 at Colorz Quilt Shop. We will be making Lisa's Flower Garden (or variations there of). This is my "palette" of wool and fabrics. I'm using Moda charm squares from Betsy Chutchain's Lizzie's Legacy line and Laundry Basket Quilt's Sticks and Stones. I will be mixing in a few pieces from my own stash also, but not much. More to come....
I hope you find some time today to do some slow stitching!
 Check it out HERE
Slow Sunday Stitching

7 comments:

  1. Binding is always my favorite slow-stitiching. ENJOY!! ANd thanks for the sneak peak of fabrics...I always love your eye for combining fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see the finished quilt Karen! The quilting looks great! Enjoy the sunshine! Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you have a day to slow down and get the binding done. Hope your class goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love binding. Can't wait to see the finish.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Almost finished--how exciting!
    I love the new pattern you will be making, and the fabrics and wools you have selected.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stitching binding is one of best parts, it means you're almost finished.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Finally getting around to visiting the Slow Sunday Stitching links...
    binding is my favourite... hope you were able to enjoy the stitching and the good weather!

    ReplyDelete