Thursday, January 5, 2017

A January Goal

After my marathon quilting spree, I've finally had a chance to catch up on the 365 Challenge blocks--whew! 

This was the very last block and the first block I had to do some hand piecing to finish--so many crazy miters and set in seams--ack! I didn't even measure it when it was finished, so I'm hoping it's close to 6.5" --  I'm not revisiting it--lol! 

After finishing that final block, I felt like a weight had been lifted off my shoulders. I almost don't know what to do with myself--haha! The first thing I did do was take everything out of my laundry room and clean it from top to bottom. It felt good to get that done too--another weight lifted.
So, to go easy on myself, my January goal is to finish this little project. My friend Rebecca suggested an idea for a border that I'm pretty excited about. In the meantime, I need to do packing for a quilt retreat that starts on Monday!
Linking with One Monthly Goal HERE

16 comments:

  1. I am excited to see the 365 Challenge projects start coming together, so I may enjoy what I knew I would never finish myself. : )
    Oh, that is a beautiful little wool project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on finishing the 365! I've been saving the patterns, but I stalled in late May or early June, I think. But now that it's started again, I can say I'm ahead instead of behind! Woohoo!
    There have been a couple of blocks in the last month or so that I would like to make a whole quilt with. Maybe for RSC2018? Or 19?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh just love that little deer block--is it wool?? hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on finishing the 365 challenge! You chose such pretty colors. I have been watching others working on this and some of the blocks looked challenging. Very cute deer on your next project!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your deer block is just darling! How fun to be heading to a retreat :o) My local sewing group is holding a sew-in next Saturday so I'm in the planning stages of what to take.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I saw that there is going to be another 365 block challenge this year. I wonder if it is a repeat or new blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, some of those last blocks were really spectacular. Congratulations! When you catch your breath, you'll be so happy with them. Enjoy your retreat!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, great work with the 365 blocks. So detailed.
    Love the wool block. What project is that one from! It is delightful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations on finishing your 365 Challenge blocks, just love the little dear project.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful dear! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your little wool applique,, is that a woolly block adventure? is so where did you get it?

    ReplyDelete
  12. I LOVE your 365 blocks!
    Your little winter wool project is precious.
    Wishing you an AWESOME time at your Quilt Retreat!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your blocks are so pretty and the blues are such a soothing color! Like the little deer - enjoy the retreat!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hurray! For getting all of those blocks done. It's going to be beautiful all together and I guess with the last one being so challenging made it even a better finish.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What sweet deer with the cabin in the background. I'm looking forward to seeing your border!

    ReplyDelete